As the field of petroleum chemistry evolves, propane chemistry will continue to advance. As a liquid, propane is 270 times more compact than it is as a gas, which allows it to be easily transported and stored as a liquid until ready for use. Propane combustion is much cleaner than gasoline combustion. It is also important to note that propane is likely to become increasingly popular as a fuel gas based on economic factors and enviromnental concerns. Propane use is growing rapidly as it is replacing wood and other traditional fuel sources. For years, families and business have counted on clean, dependable propane for heating, water heating, cooking and clothes drying.
Benefits of Using Propane
The advantage of propane is it's liquid state at a moderate pressure. This allows fast refill times, affordable fuel tank construction, and ranges comparable to gasoline. Propane is also being used increasingly for vehicle fuels. In the U.S., 190,000 on-road vehicles use propane, and 450,000 forklifts use it for power. It is the third most popular vehicle fuel in America, behind gasoline and diesel.
Propane is a clean-burning, environmentally-friendly fuel that can be stored safely in residential and commercial underground tanks. Propane also plays a key role in the on-going effort to preserve our environment by conserving energy.
By using propane gas instead of electricity, we can cut these emissions in half and help preserve our environment for future generations.
In other words:
- Excellent safety record. Propane’s safety record exceeds almost any fuel when appliances are properly installed.
- Powers virtually any appliance. Inside and outside of the home.
- Saves you money. Propane appliances generally cost less to operate than electric appliances.
- Greater efficiency. Because the air gets hotter (120° vs. 90° for electricity), propane heats up quicker than other energy sources.
- Reliable power. When the electricity goes out, propane is in steady supply.
- Clean and green. Propane is clean-burning and a friend to the environment.